Subtitle

(Author, Frog fan, Dog and Cat person (primarily tiny dogs), Nintendo enthusiast, Geek and all-around crazyperson

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Journal Entries 8/19/15-9/10/15

Journal Entry 8/19/15


Sometimes I feel like I'm not talented enough or literate enough to write this novel, but I will anyways. I've learned that you never win on the very first try all the time. Talent takes work, not everyone is a natural at everything. No story is perfect, I need to remember that and make the stories how I want to read them and go from there.
Sincerely, Cade H. Hawkins

Journal Entry 8/27/15 "FUTURE"


Ironically I was working on a scene connected to another where Frog Boy's father was trying to fix his glasses and soon after I spotted my own dad trying to fix his glasses. Although I know this was purely coincidence, seeing this happen in real life somehow gives me confidence to keep moving forward.
I told my friend Mr. Quick about the connections my book seems to be having with reality and joked about it predicting the near future. That's when he told me, "Well in that case don't kill me off…" ……… "You can hurt me a bit, but don't kill me off."
Sincerely, Cade H. Hawkins

Journal Entry 9/8/15


I've been venturing to other media lately, making comics and such but I haven't forgotten my goal of getting Frog Boy written and published either. In fact I believe my writing has been going quite well so far. I'm now on page 58 and slowly nearing the end of the story. Hopefully it will be a spectacular story when I finish all the fine tuning and really connect the dots from start to finish. Sometimes I feel inadequate, I'm graduating next year and feel like I've got too much on my mind to think clearly. I'm not sure what to do exactly, I'm becoming an adult and still feel like a child. I'm writing a book that feels like it should've already been written, I'm drawing comics that I feel should've already been released to the world three years or more ago. And I'm planning to get all of this done before next year so I'm sure you can see why I feel a tad bit pressured, but it's all going to work out I'm sure. God is with me, I know it'll all be alright.
Sincerely, Cade H. Hawkins

Journal Entry 9/10/15 "Page 60"


I've written a great deal in the past few days, I'm trying my hardest to get this book done and make it good. I'll have to go back to correct and change things still but I'm confident it won't be much longer now for me to wrap up this first book. lately I've constructed an actual Frog Boy website to correspond directly with the story. It's to get people excited for the story and get them excited. As I go on to make sequels this site will have more and more new content for Frog Boy fans and for those who've yet to even hear about it yet. I'm now on page sixty and still making progress.

Sincerely, Cade H. Hawkins